Go to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle. Ask the following questions and use the song titles as your answers. NO CHEATING!
How does the world see me?
Song: “Little Yellow Spider” Artist: Devendra Banhart
Comments: A song about the importance of all animals on the earth, and the limitations of only listening to one perspective. This cultural relativistic humanist (wow—a double -ist!) likes it!
Will I have a happy life?
Song: “Time and Time Again” Artist: The Counting Crows
Comments: I think the lyrics speak for themselves:
“I wanted the ocean to cover over me
I wanna sink slowly without getting wet
Maybe someday, I won’t be so lonely
And I’ll walk on water every chance I get
“Time and time again
Time and time again
Time and time again
I can’t please myself.”
What do my friends really think of me?
Song: “My Funny Valentine” Artist: Carly Simon
Comments: THIS makes me so happy; I have always said that this is one of my favorite love songs, about loving someone in all of their imperfections, even possibly BECAUSE of them sometimes. Definitely something that anyone who is willing to count me as their friend must do…
Do people secretly lust after me?
Song: “Walking After Midnight” Artist: Patsy Cline
Comments: Apparently I’M the one who does all the lusting. Figures…: “out walkin’, searchin’ for YOU.”
How can I make myself happy?
Song: “A Shift”
Artist: Richard Buckner Comments: I think that’s someone telling me I SHOULD move to Seattle. Or me just really wanting to do it and projecting that on to it…☺
What should I do with my life?
Song: “Look Up!” Artist: Mirah
Comments: None necessary; agreed.
Why should life be full of so much pain?
Song: “Please Please Please” Artist: Fiona Apple Comments: I knew my iPod was possessed…this is UNCANNY:
“Please please please
No more maladies
I'm so tired of crying
You'd think I was a siren
But me and everybody's on the sad same team
And you can hear our sad brain screaming.”
How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?
Song: “Billy Liar” Artist: The Decemberists Comments: Hahahahaha; a story about a boy masterbating while watching a neighbor undressing. What the hell?
“Will you stay here,
for a while, dear,
‘Til the radio plays something familiar?”
Will I ever have children?
Song: “Thunderbolt” Artist: Patrick Park
Comments: May God strike me dead if I do…THAT’S how I choose to interpret this fortune…
Will I die happy?
Song: “All Over Now” Artist: Aimee Mann
Comments: I think this elegant break-up song works for describing a death:
“Oh you can write the play
And every word I say
But I don’t have to stay
To see the credits
’cause it’s all over now
Yes it’s all over now
And I’m free”
What is some good advice for me?
Song: “It’ll All Work Out” Artist: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Comments: A message to STOP STRESSING? Methinks so… “It’ll all work out eventually…”
What is happiness?
Song: “Mystery” Artist: Indigo Girls
Comments: Sounds about right…
What is my favourite fetish?
Song: “Vegan in Furs” Artist: Of Montreal
Comments: So, does that mean I love hypocrites?
How will I be remembered?
Song: “That’s the Way” Artist: Led Zeppelin
Comments: This is how I remember my brother, who passed away a few years ago, so I have to say I wouldn’t mind if this were to be how I was remembered, too.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what does it mean if the first song that's played is an unnamed track from a collection of classical music for guitar by paganini?
Post a Comment