Yep, in the process of researching to answer my questions about Rufus Wainwright's latest musical developments, I found out that he was touring with yet another talented Wainwright, Miss Lucy Wainwright Roche. The last time I found a sibling connection to Rufus in Martha, I found another favorite artist, so I eagerly checked out Lucy's myspace and fell in love with the tracks she had posted there. As the weeks passed and there still wasn't any sign of the promised iTunes releases, I decided to return to her myspace, where I found an announcement that you could order her EP using paypal. So, I eagerly placed my order.
I don't know if the handwriting on the envelope really matches the handwriting on the CD or if the handwriting on the CD is Lucy herself or just a producer's, but I'm choosing to believe, and getting far too excited about it (can you see the sign of my overeager unwrapping in the gash that runs from Lucy's Brooklyn zipcode down the front?), that Lucy handwrote my name and address, gratified to find an early fan on the other coast. What an indie wannabe...
No comments:
Post a Comment