Monday, June 02, 2008

Best Birthday Ever

It's not until tomorrow, but the run-up to the day marking the beginning of my last year before I exit the twenties has been everything I could wish for:

--Friday I paid my deposit for renting a house near beautiful historic Orange, just minutes from work and within walking distance of "the Circle" that is full of fun bars, restaurants, and antique stores, at a price that will leave plenty of room to save for a historic home there (goal: 2010, when my tenure is secured and the district is predicting our state will be in the clear from its current financial mess). I drove from school to pay the deposit and was back at our faculty Happy Hour within twenty minutes, more than half the time it usually takes to commute home...ONE-WAY.

--Today Mr. Rankin pulled me aside to tell me I had my job back and I came home to find confirmation in the mail

--But best present of all: it looks like Hillary Clinton is preparing to resign the race tomorrow, on the actual birthday itself, after the last two states finish their primaries, confirming Obama's clean and clear win...

No comments: